This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
Roasted Cherry and Grape Tomatoes
“This is a delicious, easy recipe that can be used in a variety of ways. While your local farmer’s market is full of wonderful, fresh little tomatoes, give this recipe a try. I’m sure you will be glad you did. You will have fun coming up with many ways to enjoy it.”– Carolyn
Prep time 10 minutes
Roasting time 2 hours
Serves 6 or more
115 calories per serving
- 6 cups (2 lb) Cherry or Grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground Black Pepper
- 2 cloves of Garlic minced
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees with rack in middle position.
- Line a baking sheet with heavy aluminum foil.
- Wash tomatoes and pat dry with a clean dishtowel.
- In a very small container mix olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sugar, salt, black pepper and minced garlic.
- Spread tomatoes out evenly on foil lined baking sheet and pour mixture over them.
- With a rubber spatula roll the tomatoes around until they are completely shiny and coated with olive oil mixture.
- Roast for 2 hours until the tomatoes are wrinkled and beginning to burst.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
- These tomatoes were delicious on pasta with a little extra olive oil and also, as a caprese salad.
- Cherry tomatoes are probably the best in this recipe but sometimes farmer’s markets mix the cherry and grape tomatoes together in the container.
If you try this recipe, let me know what you think by leaving a comment below. I would love to hear from you!