“Summer will soon come to an end but before it does here is a great little recipe that uses those delicious peaches that are at their very best right now. This recipe is for two bowls but you can easily scale it up or down. It is a delightful mix you might not have tried before. I think it is really delicious and is a nice light meal.”– Carolyn
Prep time 15 minutes
Calories (approximate) 500 per bowl
Ingredients for Dressing
- 3 Tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground Black Pepper
Ingredients for 2 Bowls
- In a small glass jar or in a small bowl, add all dressing ingredients and shake or whisk together. Taste and adjust ingredients to your liking. Set aside.
- In two individual, large, shallow salad bowls, layer half of the Arugula on bottom, then quinoa, Avocado slices and peach slices.
- Sprinkle on the toasted walnuts.
- Pour half the dressing over each bowl and sprinkle with grated Cotija cheese.
- Walnuts can be toasted in an non-greased frying pan. You need medium heat and constantly turning them so they do not burn, for about 5 minutes. This bring out more depth of flavor.
- If your quinoa is already cooked, this bowl comes together very fast.
- You can change it up with a different fruit if you don’t care for peaches.
- Also, Feta crumbles would be great in place of Cotija cheese.
If you try this recipe, let me know what you think by leaving a comment below. I would love to hear from you!