“Waldorf salad is really special and can be made very low in calories and still taste delicious. It is pretty and will be a welcome item to bring to any summer gathering.”– Carolyn
Prep time 20 minutes
Calories 170 per serving
Ingredients – Salad
- 4 large Apples, skins left on, cored and chopped into medium dice (use your favorite apple, I like Gala)
- 4 large Celery stalks, sliced
- 1/2 cup Pecans, roughly chopped (can use walnuts)
- 6 Tablespoons 50% less sugar Craisins
- 8 cups Lettuce of your choice
Ingredients – Dressing
- Make the dressing. Whisk yogurt, light mayonnaise, honey and lemon juice together in a small bowl until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Place diced apple, celery, chopped pecans and craisins in a large bowl.
- Pour in dressing and stir until ingredients are well combined and the dressing is evenly distributed.
- Divide lettuce onto plates or into shallow glass bowls and top with a generous scoop of Waldorf Salad and serve, or arrange lettuce in large serving bowl and pour all the salad on top of the lettuce, for self serving.
- I like to toast my pecans or walnuts in a recipe like this as they become more delicious.
- Halved red grapes are beautiful and delicious, in addition to the apples, in this salad.
- Adding some leftover rotisserie chicken makes this salad a great lunch.
If you try this recipe, let me know what you think by sending me an email. I would love to hear from you!