“This is a great tasting little salad/dip to make for summer gatherings.”– Carolyn
Prep time 30 minutes
Chill time 1 hour
350 calories per cup
- 1 can whole kernel yellow corn
- 1 can black beans
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 avocado
- Place the chopped red onions in a small bowl and cover with cold water. Let sit for 10 minutes and then drain completely.
- Place black beans in small colander and run under cold water to rinse well, then let drain completely and set aside.
- Drain all liquid off canned corn, rinse and drain completely.
- In a large bowl combine red onion, canned corn, black beans, diced red bell pepper and chopped cilantro.
- In a mini food processor add all dressing ingredients and process until smooth.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss very gently until thoroughly coated. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour or several hours.
- Right before serving, slice and chop chunks of avocado to put on top of salad.
- Cilantro doesn’t keep fresh for more than a couple days so don’t buy in advance.
- I like to make the dressing the night before and have it ready to go and that really speeds up making this salad if you don’t have a lot of time. It is really delicious and doubling would not go to waste.
If you try this recipe, let me know what you think by leaving a comment below. I would love to hear from you!