“Recipes for Overnight Oats are everywhere these days. It took me awhile to get on the oatmeal train again. As a kid, I woke up to a hot pot of oatmeal on the kitchen stove every morning. No matter what else we had to eat, Mom said we had to have some oatmeal. Well, overnight oats are much more interesting. I like this combination as it really keeps me from feeling hungry all morning long. No matter what else I eat the rest of the day, (hopefully healthy, but this time of year I can’t promise it) I know I have put some really good stuff into my body. I’ve been experimenting and this is what I have come up with.”– Carolyn
Prep time 15 minutes
Calories 350 per serving (jar)
- I use empty jam jars to make 4-5 servings of Overnight Oats at a time.
- Line them up and put the oatmeal, chia seeds, flaxseed meal, hemp seeds and PB Fit Peanut Butter Powder in the jars.
- With a tiny whisk or a fork give this all a good stir to blend together.
- Add the nonfat milk, Greek yogurt and almond butter or peanut butter and stir until completely blended.
- Refrigerate overnight and for a few days.
- I buy the chia seeds, flaxseed meal and hemp seeds in larger bags. In a small container I just measure out 1/2 cup of each and stir until combined. Keep seeds refrigerated. Then I just need a tablespoon of this mixture.
- I add a little nonfat skim milk and sliced banana on it when I eat it.
- The best part of overnight oats is that you can make them your own way. If this doesn’t hit the spot for you, don’t give up. Try blueberries, apple with cinnamon or any other combination you can come up with.
- You might need a little sugar or Stevia if you use fruit.
- I strongly encourage using the seeds and yogurt. These items bulk up the overnight oats and give us healthy protein and heart healthy fats which keep us satiated longer.
- These jars are just so quick to grab for breakfast or a meal replacement when we are crunched for time.
If you try this recipe, let me know what you think by leaving a comment below. I would love to hear from you!