“This easy recipe can be served hot when you make it or cold as a leftover. It makes a delicious side dish or can be eaten in place of a salad. With fresh zucchini and cherry tomatoes from your garden or farmer’s market, it is like a last taste of summer dish.”– Carolyn
Prep time 15 minutes
Calories 105 per serving
- In a large frying pan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the red onions and cook, stirring often, until very soft and pale in color, about 7-8 minutes.
- Add the zucchini, tomatoes, garlic, salt and pepper and cook, stirring frequently, for 3-5 minutes or until the zucchini are crisp tender and the tomatoes have started to burst and release their juices to create a little sauce.
- Stir in the fresh basil.
- Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking.
- Transfer to large serving bowl and garnish with more fresh basil, if you like.
- This recipe could be made any time of year but summer fresh zucchini and tomatoes make it extra delicious. Hope you give it a try.
If you try this recipe, let me know what you think by leaving a comment below. I would love to hear from you!