Improve your health and improve your life!
Here are my best easy tips you can implement today to live a more fulfilled life – physically, nutritionally and emotionally.
Well-being is achieved by going after it. It never comes by itself.
- Pick exercises you like – Let’s face it, spinning and kickboxing aren’t for everyone. The good thing is, they don’t have to be. There are a million ways to exercise so there is no excuse for not finding something you like. Try some different classes or hire a personal trainer to help you find what fits you best. When you discover a mode of exercise that you love, you will actually look forward to your next workout!
- Focus your workout sessions – Contrary to popular belief, you do not need an hour in the gym every day to get fit. If you have just 20 minutes a day to dedicate to exercise and you workout at your maximum ability, you’ll get even more benefit than from a longer lower-intensity session.
- Make a weekly meal plan on Sundays – Devote time once per week to meal planning, grocery list making and food shopping. Then publish the week’s menu where everyone can see it. Prepare anything ahead of time that will help you eat healthy during the week and make lunch & dinner prep go faster. You’ll be less likely to eat junk or dine out when you set yourself up for success by doing time-consuming food prep (like hard boiling eggs and cutting fresh fruit and veggies) on Sunday.
- Eat what you really want – When you force yourself to eat all of the healthy options first and save your favorites for last you may do more harm than good. You could wind up eating more than you intended to. Start with your favorite food, then move around the plate. Chances are you’ll become satisfied sooner if you’ve already enjoyed what tastes the best.
- Look for the good in others – There’s no arguing that every person has their good and not-so-good moments (or days). Try to give people the benefit of the doubt whenever you can. Remember that when you look at others, you don’t always know their situation and that things may not be what they seem. Try not to judge harshly. Finding the good in someone is a gift you give to another person, but having an open mind is also a gift you give to yourself.
- Let others see the good in you – Eating healthy foods and creating time for physical activity is not only good for you, but it sets a good example for your friends, coworkers, family and especially your children. Showing kindness and compassion also sets a example that others will be drawn to model. Make a conscious effort to get “caught” making good healthful choices and acting kindly as often as possible.
photo courtesy of freedigitalphotos.net